Health lies at the heart of Sustainable Development and the creation of Resilient Communities. Health is not a dry academic subject. It affects each one of us, our families, our friends, our neighbours and our communities…Health is Personal
PARKS FOR HEALTH: YOUR PARK CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:WATCH THIS NOW
- Health is critical to us all:
- Community and Faith Groups: You care about your local community and want to use your Parks to improve community health, build the Social Cohesion, and address mental illness, isolation and loneliness. You also want to save your Park from alternative development, and increase the economic value of the local area
- Local Government: As one involved in local government, you have a responsibility for the health of your community and want to develop health policies in conjunction with Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Public Health: As one involved in Public Health you value of using your Parks within health promotion.
- Parks,Leisure and Sport: As one involved in the upkeep and maintenance of local parks and delivery of sport you want to improve your park for health
- Health & Wellbeing Boards and CCGs: You are involved and see the value of in “Social Prescribing”, and want to reduce costs to the NHS through Prevention as an alternative to clinical intervention
- Designers: As a Designer you want to create Green Infrastructure for health and wellbeing
- Developers: As a Developer creating Green Infrastructure, you want to offer more to your prospective customers
- Employers: As an Employer you see the benefit of encouraging a healthy workforce
- Suppliers and Manufacturers: As a Supplier of products and services you want to use your expertise to benefit the health of local communities
- The Public: You have professional or private interest in health and want to be kept informed through the Health Parks network
- The UK along with many countries is experiencing an epidemic in Obesity and related non-communicable diseases. These include Type 2 Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease and Cancer, as well as Stress, Anxiety and Depression. Health Parks can help to deliver “Parks for Health” so we can better use our existing resources to address these chronic conditions in our communities.
TO TAKE THIS FORWARD: Go to: The Parks for Health Toolkit
THE PARKS FOR HEALTH TOOLKIT